INEBRIA offers the possibility to apply for scholarships to attend virtually or in-person to the INEBRIA 2021 conference for professionals with genuine interest in expanding alcohol screening and brief interventions in their countries.
Who is the target audience?
Early-career professionals working in the field of brief interventions for alcohol and other substances– from academic, clinical, public and civil sector organisations.
Eligibility criteria for applicants:
- You have to be an early career stage professional working in the field of brief interventions for alcohol, with up to 5 years post PhD or if 8 years post highest educational award if no PhD
- You have to be resident of a developing country (India excluded) according to the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of the OECD criteria. You can check the list here.
Indian participants will have access to a different type of scholarships (Please go to https://www.inebriaconference.com/ for details). Participants from other developing countries from Asia will be prioritized.
- You have to be a member of INEBRIA. Membership is free of charge and open to any individual with demonstrated experience in the area of brief interventions for alcohol problems, either from undertaking research or having implemented interventions in one or more settings. You can become a member by filling the registration form you will find on the INEBRIA website
- You have to have an abstract accepted for INEBRIA 2021. Not having an abstract accepted will be a reason for exclusion. To submit an abstract please go to https://www.inebriaconference.com/
What do we offer?
INEBRIA offers different types of scholarships to cover the expenses for the virtual attendance and the in-person attendance. The virtual attendance will cover the registration fee for a maximum of 10 people. The in-person scholarship will include registration fee waiver and a money transfer to cover the travel and accommodation up to a limit of 1,000 $ (ASIA) / 1,500$ (AFRICA) / 2,000$ (Latin America) for a maximum of 4 people.
The amount is fixed and there will be no possibility to increase it.
INEBRIA will assess all the applications and leaves open the possibility to make final adjustments to ensure the best use of the resources.
In addition, awarded candidates will be invited to take part in some mentoring activities. More details will be provided after the selection.
Instructions to apply
Candidates should complete the application form available here.
It is vital that you submit all the necessary information, otherwise your application will be not considered.
- The closing date for applications is 15/04/2021
- The application process for INEBRIA scholarships will be entirely in English.
- To be eligible for an award, you must have an accepted abstract for the Goa conference.
Applications will be reviewed independently by three members of the INEBRIA Coordinating Committee. The decision will be made on the basis of the quality of the accepted abstract, the reasoning provided by the candidate and the need for support.
Conditions upon signature of the scholarship
Successful applicants will be required to sign a written agreement with INEBRIA, which details the conditions of the award. See an example here.
These include the requirement to write and send a short report on the knowledge or contacts gained through attendance at the conference after the event.
Transfer of the scholarship funds is dependent on your agreement with these conditions.